The card game bridge is many things. It is a game of strategy and skill, with complex rules and a rich history played by millions of people, with tournaments held every year around the world.
How to Play
01. Find three friendly co-players
- Bridge is a four-player game played in teams of two players each, so your significant other and another couple are a good potential choice.
02. Learn the structure of the game
- Bridge is played with a standard 52-card deck in deals of 13 cards per player, so that the entire deck is dealt out each hand.
03. Deal the cards
- The dealer distributes 13 cards to each player, so that the entire deck is used.
04. Make bids and award the contract
- Teams bid numbers and suits, which represent the number of tricks they believe they can win on the deal if the suit attached to that number becomes the trump suit.
05. Begin the first trick.
- Now that a trump suit (or a bid of no trump) has been established for the deal, the tricks begin.
06. Finish the trick and start the next one
- After the opening lead, the declarer plays a card from the dummy's hand.
07. End the deal
- When all 13 tricks have been played, add up the number of tricks each team won.
08. Start the next deal
- Put the cards back together in a deck and deal out 13 cards to each player once more.
Sports Associations Details
Mr. Thilak Karunaratne
071 - 7289009
Mr. Romesh Bandaranaike
077 - 7678500
Mr. Ashoka Jayasinghe
071 - 4819976
No. 24, Gower Street, Colombo 5